Sunday, May 9, 2010

Olympic National Park

Drove to Olympic National Park yesterday. Stopped for lunch at Quinault Lake. Ate at a little general store and then hiked this short loop trail...

The forests in the park are actually rain forests. The area gets 12 FEET of rain per year. The trees grow to enormous size.
I didn't see any cougars, but I would have known what to do if I had...

Then I drove on to the ocean. This photo was taken from the beach looking up. This tree is about to fall down to the beach below.

Here I am standing next to a tree that fell long ago. The beach is littered with these old trees. The forest grows right to the edge of the shore and as erosion happens the trees fall.

A beautiful sunset at Beach 4.

It was a great day. The Pacific Ocean always seems bigger than the Atlantic for some reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment